Break the Bond of Adhesive with Ease!
The patent-pending Chief Vulcan ADU is the first product specifically designed to break the bond of structural adhesives in automotive applications. The Vulcan ADU uses infrared radiation technology to quickly heat the surface to a temperature where the first layer of glue underneath releases cleanly – in as little as 20 seconds.
With the adhesive bonds broken, the technician can then easily separate the materials with less risk of damage to either piece. The epoxy remains smooth and hard, not sticky, leaving behind a clean work surface. The Vulcan ADU can be used on any vehicle surface, including aluminum, carbon fiber and steel using no electromagnetic field.
- Breaks the adhesive bond between glued panels or surface
- Precise temperature control – focus on one panel layer
- Microprocessor control with color touch screen
- Uses infrared lamps to output focused heat to a surface
- Calibration feature to address issues when measuring different color paint and reflectivity
- Can be used to remove molding and labels
- 5-step program available to set temperature and time for curing adhesives
Concentrated heat at the surface
The Chief Vulcan Adhesive Debonding Unit is a solution to an issue that wasn’t important just a few years ago. But as OEMs incorporate glue and epoxies into their manufacturing processes for more and more vehicles, collision repair shops need to be equipped to efficiently separate those bonded components to properly repair the vehicles.” Applying heat is a proven method for releasing adhesives, but although there are several options available for traditional steel panels, tight temperature control is needed to not overheat high-strength steels. Aluminum is more challenging because it dissipates heat very quickly and requires a lot of input energy: more than is found in traditional induction heaters or heat guns. The Vulcan ADU uses very short waves of infrared radiation to quickly produce up to 600 degrees of heat concentrated at the surface of the material being treated. Even though the unit produces very high output temperature, the lamp’s handles and sides remain cool to the touch for safe operation and prolonged lamp life. The Vulcan ADU has three modes of operation.
- Manual: Pulling the trigger will produce whatever level of power the technician set until the trigger is released.
- Automatic: The technician sets both a setpoint temperature and the power level, and the unit will control to that level while the trigger is pressed.
- Programmable: The technician can set up to five steps including a specific temperature and how long the Vulcan should stay at that temperature.
|Power Supply||230V – 50Hz – 3 phase|
|Color display touch screen||TE70|
|Adjustment||Power, Temperature heating|
|Cooling System||Air and Water|
|Accessories||Temperature Calibrator Trolley 3461T|
Chief Automotive Technologies® reserves the right to alter product specifications and/or package components without notice. Check with Chief or your local Chief distributor on paint options and pricing.
CHIEF’S® LIMITED ONE-YEAR WARRANTY & LIABILITY
Chief Automotive Technologies® warrants for one year from date of installation and/or purchase any of its products which do not perform satisfactorily due to defect caused by faulty material or workmanship. Chief’s obligation under this warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of products which are defective and which have not been misused, carelessly handled, or defaced by repair or repairs made or attempted by others.
CHIEF AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGIES® DOES NOT ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DEATH, INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE RESULTING FROM THE OPERATOR’S NEGLIGENCE OR MISUSE OF THIS PRODUCT OR ITS ATTACHMENTS. CHIEF MAKES NO WRITTEN, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY WHATSOEVER OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARICULAR PURPOSE OR OTHERWISE REGARDING THE EQUIPMENT OR ANY PART OF THE PRODUCT OTHER THAN THE LIMITED ONE-YEAR WARRANTY STATED ABOVE.